ZonaWE
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2

5 participantes

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 Empty All about team names in all menus for ISS 2

Mensaje por gyyo93 4/6/2023, 4:42 pm

I found all the names of all the teams in all the menus and resized the ones that were too short. There are still a few items to be resolved, so then I will post the offsets. It is true that everything will have to be done by hand in hex editor, but those who know what they are doing will success easily. Just a video for now. Smile
[Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver este vínculo]
gyyo93
gyyo93
Miembro Destacado
Miembro Destacado

Reconocimientos : App Maker

A polipoli, Lennier, DiegoPino y a CAMPIONE les gusta esta publicaciòn

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 Empty Re: All about team names in all menus for ISS 2

Mensaje por CAMPIONE 4/7/2023, 12:24 pm

Esto era algo que había querido implementar en mis parches gyyo muchas gracias!!
CAMPIONE
CAMPIONE
Miembro Destacado
Miembro Destacado

Reconocimientos : Colaborador

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 Empty All about team names in all menus for ISS 2

Mensaje por gyyo93 4/23/2023, 5:37 am

A little more and done with the editing of team names and menus, here is a picture as proof.
[Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver este vínculo] new
[Tienes que estar registrado y conectado para ver este vínculo] old
gyyo93
gyyo93
Miembro Destacado
Miembro Destacado

A CAMPIONE le gusta esta publicaciòn

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 Empty Re: All about team names in all menus for ISS 2

Mensaje por polipoli 4/23/2023, 6:34 pm

Did you edit RAM or ROM?.

I think we can't increase the total size for all the names. I mean, imagine there are 10 teams and 100 bytes for all, we can have those 100 bytes but no more, so all we can do is redistribute those 100 bytes other way than the original one. We can't increase those 100 bytes to 200.

We can't increase the size because that would mean move objects from their original position. The game calls the objects by their position and everything would break.

I did some tests about. In hex, between texts, 00 means end of text, so I moved it to redistribute the size. As an example:
Original team 1 name: Roma
Original team 2 name: Madrid

Edited team 1 name: Madrid
Edited team 2 name: Roma

What i saw in the game:
Team 1: Madr
Team 2: idRoma

This means we can't even redistribute the space for each team name, I think there is somewhere an index with this info about texts:
-Beginning position.
-Length.

Resuming, over the ROM, the more we can do is redistribute space, but we need to discover where is the index of text and edit it, of course.

Over the RAM I believe you can do that magic. I even believe there's more space for text in RAM than ROM. Following the example I gave before, I believe there could be 100 bytes for names in ROM and 200 bytes in RAM. In RAM I believe it could work this way, load here this name, give it 20 bytes, load here next one, give it other 20 bytes and so...Working over ROM is very different, I would believe something if I see that hack over the ROM

polipoli
polipoli
Miembro Elite
Miembro Elite

A DiegoPino y a CAMPIONE les gusta esta publicaciòn

Mensaje por gyyo93 4/23/2023, 7:04 pm

I will show you tomorow Polipoli how it all works, you are on good track with this. It is biggest thing i ever try to do it has over 100 offset to deal with and change.
gyyo93
gyyo93
Miembro Destacado
Miembro Destacado

A CAMPIONE le gusta esta publicaciòn

Mensaje por gyyo93 4/24/2023, 4:49 pm

Here is a video on how to increase the names on various menus just one part, because if you want to increase the names over 14 letters (which is the default) you have to calculate for each menu where the names appear new pointers to make everything right, very complicated, there are a lot of things to change, over 100 addresses, maybe 200.
gyyo93
gyyo93
Miembro Destacado
Miembro Destacado

A polipoli y a CAMPIONE les gusta esta publicaciòn

Mensaje por polipoli 4/25/2023, 12:48 pm

Well I looked for the text index of team names and I found this. This is for Iss2 (Multi 3) (v1.1).

I look for team names of the following menu. I look for IRELAND. With the tool "Texto hexa WE2002 - Jairo" I convert IRELAND to hex, that's "4952454C414E44" in hex, normal text, 1 byte/letter.

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 PSOGL2-001

Ok I look for "4952454C414E44" in cheat engine and find it at "B0BA78". If I edit there, I change the word, so that's the right RAM position.

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 02

Next step, I convert that Epsxe 1.9.25 RAM position to pointer with my tool "Conversor RAM - polipoli.xlsx"

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 03

The pointer is "D8030880". If index exists, must redirect to that position. I look for "D8030880" in the iso and find it at "2219672" decimal offset.

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 04

I wanna know if this is real the index of team names, so I check the next pointer, "C4030880". That pointer must redirect to the next team name, Northern Ireland. I convert the pointer to Epsxe RAM position, that's "B0BA64".

So, if I find Northern Ireland text loaded on "B0BA64", it means I found the index. I check it and Bingo

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 05

With that index we can now redistribute the space of texts. We can also move those texts to the end of the file, amplify the space and redirect the index to the new positions. If we wanna increase the space, we must move this to the end, otherway we will move so many things from the original position that game will break everywhere. This way I say we know what we move and we redirect it, so everything should be OK
polipoli
polipoli
Miembro Elite
Miembro Elite

A DiegoPino, gyyo93 y a CARP les gusta esta publicaciòn

Mensaje por polipoli 4/25/2023, 4:24 pm

I share here the offsets of team names, for select team menu, Iss2 (Multi 3) (v1.1). I show offsets of team names and index. In the future maybe I create a tool to write new names and rebuild the index with new positions

Última edición por polipoli el 4/26/2023, 1:47 pm, editado 1 vez
polipoli
polipoli
Miembro Elite
Miembro Elite

A DiegoPino y a gyyo93 les gusta esta publicaciòn

Mensaje por polipoli 4/25/2023, 7:59 pm

Well I share the final tool. It writes the team names of select team menu. The tool writes the names and rebuild the index. As it happened to me other times, first I imagine how the game works, just theory, I do my plans in my head while I think "It should work" and later when I see it really works, I can't believe what I see.

As example I changed capital letters to small letters, full and real names.

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 PSOGL2-002

How it works:
-Go to "Editar" tab and write the new team names in column "B" (green cells).
-Important. Limit of any team name is 24 letters. Cell "E2" shows bytes and cell "F2" shows limit of bytes. E2 number must be equal or lower than F2. if E2 is higher than F2, you must use shorter names.
-To apply the changes, press ALT+F8, press "Ejecutar", open the file SELECT.BIN, choose "Toda la base" and press "Introducir".

polipoli
polipoli
Miembro Elite
Miembro Elite

A Lennier, DiegoPino, CAMPIONE y a gyyo93 les gusta esta publicaciòn

Mensaje por DiegoPino 5/9/2023, 4:32 pm

Escribo para dar las GRacias!

Grandes aportes a la scene de PSX. cheers

Muchas Gracias gyyo93, PoliPoli y para todos en la comunidad All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 2371380178

bye
DiegoPino
DiegoPino
Miembro Veterano
Miembro Veterano

Mensaje por CARP 5/27/2023, 11:44 pm

polipoli escribió:Well I looked for the text index of team names and I found this. This is for Iss2 (Multi 3) (v1.1).

I look for team names of the following menu. I look for IRELAND. With the tool "Texto hexa WE2002 - Jairo" I convert IRELAND to hex, that's "4952454C414E44" in hex, normal text, 1 byte/letter.

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 PSOGL2-001

Ok I look for "4952454C414E44" in cheat engine and find it at "B0BA78". If I edit there, I change the word, so that's the right RAM position.

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 02

Next step, I convert that Epsxe 1.9.25 RAM position to pointer with my tool "Conversor RAM - polipoli.xlsx"

The pointer is "D8030880". If index exists, must redirect to that position. I look for "D8030880" in the iso and find it at "2219672" decimal offset.

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 04

I wanna know if this is real the index of team names, so I check the next pointer, "C4030880". That pointer must redirect to the next team name, Northern Ireland. I convert the pointer to Epsxe RAM position, that's "B0BA64".

So, if I find Northern Ireland text loaded on "B0BA64", it means I found the index. I check it and Bingo

All about team names in all menus for ISS 2 05

With that index we can now redistribute the space of texts. We can also move those texts to the end of the file, amplify the space and redirect the index to the new positions. If we wanna increase the space, we must move this to the end, otherway we will move so many things from the original position that game will break everywhere. This way I say we know what we move and we redirect it, so everything should be OK

Eh! Poli! Esa planilla que converte desde punteros a RAM no la tengo! jajaaj
CARP
CARP
Miembro Activo
Miembro Activo

Mensaje por polipoli 5/28/2023, 7:03 am

Creo que si te la pase jaja. Dejo aqui las herramientas para el que quiera seguir el tutorial.

Texto hexa WE2002 - Jairo

Conversor RAM - polipoli

Epsxe 1.9.25

Cheat Engine 7.2

Y ya que estoy dire que he avanzado mas en el renombrador de iss2 (multi 2). Los nombres de equipos salen en varios archivos y no se cargan todos a la vez. Por ejemplo salen los nombres en el ENDING. Me puse a buscarlos en la ram y no estaban, conclusion, ese archivo solo se carga cuando finaliza una competicion. Y como mi paciencia es 0, no me puse a jugar una competicion entera para conocer esas posiciones ram jaja, asi que estoy haciendo un mapa de la ram para predecir donde se cargan los archivos, porque los archivos se cargan siempre en las mismas posiciones y funcionan descargandose uno y cargandose otro. Y he podido comprobar que es asi porque luego al buscar el indice en el archivo he visto que era correcto. Por cierto, los indices de texto van siempre en el mismo archivo que contiene el texto. En iss2 (multi 2) la posicion ram principal es B09E98, ahi se carga el SELECT.BIN mientras navegas entre menus, en partido se descarga y se carga el GAME.BIN. Y cuando acabas una competicion se descarga el GAME.BIN y se carga el ENDING.BIN. La posicion secundaria es B55EA0, ahi se cargan SELECT2.BIN, SELECT3.BIN y los siguientes, imagino. Ahora sabemos mas cosas sobre el funcionamiento de la ram y podemos predecir posiciones ram de objetos como textos.

Iss2 (Multi 2)_Mapa RAM - polipoli

Iss2 (Multi 2)_Nombres Equipos v2 - Jairo, polipoli y CARP
polipoli
polipoli
Miembro Elite
Miembro Elite

A Lennier le gusta esta publicaciòn

Mensaje por Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado